Today 26th September, 2019 TV media have highlighted the spread of dengue fever with in Pakistan. They reported dengue fever victim crossed the figure of 12,500 as of today. This weather will further last another 10-12 days. This will fade away when the mercurial temperature drop to 30-28 degree Celsius
By Mahmood Hussain, Thursday 26th September 2019, the article is written for www.babyfirst.com.pk BABY FIRST PAKISTAN and on Facebook.babyfirstPakistan and other social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter and so on. Writer Mahmood Hussain is from Karachi Pakistan.
Within this year till 23th September dengue cases reported are 2363 from Punjab, 2260 cases from Sindh, 1815 in Khyber Pakhtunkhaw and 1772 from Baluchistan. These figures reported till 23rd September 2019. From other parts of Pakistan especially Islamabad the federal capital this figure of Dengue sufferer may further rise.
Dr. Zafar Mirza, Special Assistant to Prime Minister of Pakistan on Health has categorically stated that the dengue fever cases will rise in coming two weeks. A report was published on this subject in Dawn group of Newspaper dated 23rdSeptember, 2019
In coming month the dengue fever cases may drop significantly as the winter start approaching. This will result in drop in mercurial temperature.
Further stressed by Dr. Zafar Mirza in the news conference and he requested to the political leaders not to politicize this dengue fever issue on TV talk show. This is a serious public health issue and we all need to work tighter to overcome it.
How to prevent individual from dengue fever.
Till to date there is no vaccine which can protect us from dengue fever.
The best method is to protect from mosquito bite. If you are travelling or living in the vicinity of risky area, you can guard yourself and your love ones for not to be bitten by mosquito. Best way is to guard yourself is to live in mosquito net, which has been treated with insecticide.
It is only way to avoid mosquito bites, so it will prevent from this illness.
Below listed are few important point to understand Dengue.
- Dengue fever spread by Mosquito bite and it is a viral infection.
- Symptoms are, having more resemblance like flu illness. This is seldom or rarely can be lethal. This refer as severe Dengue.
- So far there is no treatment for dengue fever, but early diagnosis and its proper management may reduce the risk of severe illness or sickness and mortality.
- This has been observed globally the incidence of dengue has increased tremendously within last decades. It is currently estimated half of the world population is at risk. .
- The dengue is mostly occur within the tropical and subtropical region. Beside it is mostly appear within urban or partial urban areas.
- Severity of Dengue fever may lead to severe illness. This risk may also lead to death among the children. It has been mostly observed with in Asian and Latin American countries.
- To prevent population from dengue is dependent how effective control measure in in place within define geography.
WHO published a detail report on 15th April 2019.
Pakistan is listed as the 12th most vulnerable country to the climatic changes illness. Ultimately this is likely to impact the transmission of vector-borne diseases such as dengue with in underdeveloped country such as Pakistan, India and Bangladesh in South Asia.
A good report was published in Journal of Pakistan Medical Association (JPMA) April 2018, Volume 68: issue # 4 in student corner section.
Having heading “dengue in Pakistan”
Dengue is spread by the bite of mosquito. This become endemic in the tropical region. This infect approximately 390 million people worldwide annually. The disease manifest 100 million people. The researchers’ further state Dengue virus is endemic in Pakistan. In year 2011 the figure recorded were alarming. It reaches a figure of 22,652 suffering from Dengue. Death recorded were 363 in year 2011.
In the current year of 2019 till to date still very large number of cases were reported on Pan Pakistan. The hot and humid climate will likely to continue for another two week than the temperature will fall. Till that time the need is to take appropriate preventive and curative measures to get away from this threat and danger.
The symptom of dengue fever which appear as follows:
Severe muscle and joint pain.
Suffering from fever & headache.
Lymph nodes are swollen,
Have feeling of exhaustion
Appearance of rash on body.
Dengue fever is caused by virus. Till to date there is no antibiotic or specific medicine to treat the virus. The treatment provided by the physician and hospital is mainly focus on towards the relief of the symptoms. This will calm and cool down the patient suffering to certain extent.
A specific disease that is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) will mainly effects children blow the age of 10 years. This complication of Dengue fever causes severe abdominal pain, bleeding and patient may go in shock that is collapse in the circulatory system.
To prevent from dengue fever this requires eradication and to control the mosquito carrying the virus which is responsible for Dengue.
Advice to manage Dengue fever.
- Immediately go for blood test as advice by physician.
- Complete bed rest
- Drink plenty of water and fluid.
- Paracetamol to be taken regularly to reduce pain.
- Ibuprofen and Aspirin should not be taken,